A Homeowner's Guide to Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit
Considering consolidating your debts into "one easy monthly payment?" Advertisements for "fast closings" and "low payments" starting to sound attractive? Maybe you would simply like to re-do the kitchen or bathroom... and those promotional offers for "Money for home improvements!" in the mail are starting to look pretty good.
"Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit," the latest booklet in HSH's "A Homeowner's Guide To" series, can help you understand the ins and outs of borrowing the equity out of your home. This objective 12-page booklet will tutor you as to how each product works and the advantages and drawbacks to each.
If you're shopping for a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) you should consider one of our local surveys for your market.
A Homeowner's Guide to Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit covers
- the difference between a Loan and a Line of Credit;
- how to estimate your available equity;
- typical methods of accessing your credit line;
- advance and repayment terms;
- how home equity loans and lines are 'priced';
- interest rates floors and ceilings;
- fixed-rate conversion options;
- common fees and charges;
- tax deductibility of your equity loan or line;
- and the questions you must ask when shopping.
If you're a thinking of tapping your equity, "A Homeowner's Guide to Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit " is for you.
This booklet is also available in combination with our Homebuyers Mortgage Kit for an additional price of $2.
If you prefer, you can send a money order (sorry, no personal checks) to this address:
51 Route 23 South
Riverdale, NJ 07457
Accredited media wishing to preview a copy should request a copy. Please include the name of your media outlet, your office address, and your e-mail address.
The booklets in the "A Homeowner's Guide To" series include: